Thursday, February 25, 2016

Trying to ....


... make a habit of getting my Christmas cards done early!  I'm finding this to be quite easy and fun  when I play along with Merry Monday Challenges. The current challenge, number 193, is Bells.  Here what I made today:

 
I started with this InkaDinkaDoo stamp, with Watering Can Archival ink, on bright white cardstock.  I added just a touch of color with some brush tipped markers.  Next, I pressure embossed the top portion before adding a length of grosgrain ribbon. I added a narrow mat of black, and that was that!


Here is a close up of my stamping.  I love the softness of the Watering Can color, verses a harsher black. 

The inside is just as simple as the front.   Isn't this script font lovely? ( I wish I knew who the manufacturer of this stamp is, but I don't have the packaging.)  It seemed a bit lonely and plain by itself, so I added a tiny bit of greenery.


This shot shows the embossing a bit better. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I wish you joy throughout the year as well as at Christmas time!

Elizabeth


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love how the bell is incorporated into the *JOY*!! The splash of colour just makes the bell pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS design Elizabeth, love the embossing folder and the stamped image. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet embossing on your card...love that the bell is incorporated into the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Elizabeth with that sweet bell in the middle of Joy. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this card--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightfully CAS and I do like all the texture too! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. Well done - just CAS - would be great to receive a card like this.
    Margaret #20

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. I agree your pretty stamp looks very good in grey and i like the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, Elizabeth! Love that soft gray stamping and the partial embossing! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool card - just love the bell for the O of Joy and the embossed top!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!